Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Best Blogger in the World at What, Blogging of Course!

I have recently started reading the book The Best In The World At What I Have No Idea by Chris Jericho and I love it so much that I am almost done with it, I bought on the book on Friday (1/22)and started to read it, I checked the amount of pages there was and my eyes blew eye of my sockets and yanked back in. It was 400 pages! Now I am typically and slow reader, or so I though, as of today I am on page 335 which is a breakout for me, I guess I am really enjoying the book. Now I found it kind of hard to blog about it because it is Non-fiction and you are kind of limited to what you could write on it. I was thinking of talking about words of the wiser from a chapter, but I actually want to share my favorite chapter and what it means. My favorite chapter had to be "Santino Gump" this chapter had to be the top 5 funniest chapters of this book, in summary it is about a new wrestler who had joined the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) he had gotten a lot of heat (which isn't froot) and was kind of put down by the veterans of the company. I think the biggest part of the chapter is when he had a shoot with a fellow wrestler Bob Holly. What had happened is that Santino botched (messed up) one of the moves in his match. He had said he was the wrestler he ever faced which hurt Santino a lot. Santino had replied back to him, "Come on. Really? The worst? Are you sure? You must've worked with someone worse than me." It amused me that he wasn't trying to be rude and actually thought that he wasn't the worst possible opponent. He was confident enough to say he wasn't the worst It amused me ever more that Holly replied back, "'OK, you're not the worst ... but you are one of the worst!' Santino nodded his head, satisfied with the upgrade." Now even though this really amused me it shows that Santino was a very fortunate guy and sometimes wouldn't take no as a complete answer, but rather have it as a maybe. Jericho is able to describe how Santino acts and how he responds towards conflict which I like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment