Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Hole Of Zero

What is up y'all, Whole Blogging Show here and unfortunately I won't be writing on my Foley is Good because of my ability of losing things. But I have moved on to something for the moment, something for the entertainment, something for the blogs, something so I don't get yelled at by my teacher. Holes.

Now I have read Holes three times and it shouldn't be a problem for me to forget everything, I mean I barely remember the page number my evidence is on. But I chose this book because I love it. This is my favorite fiction book by far, even better than Project Cain, so I chose it to get a good flow on my blogs and kind of make it more easier to blog about something. (This is not cheating, I hope)

What I want to talk about today is the character analysis of Zero. Zero is a key player in this book, especially with his introduction. He is introduced as a kid with no knowledge or though of what he is doing or why he is at the camp. At least that's what the characters say. Zero is something more than that. This is how he introduced,  "'You know why his name's Zero?' asked Mr. Pendanski. 'Because there's nothing inside his head.' He smiled and playfully shook Zero's shoulder. Zero said nothing." He's introduced as a nothing and in the situation looks like a nothing. But he is more than what he shows.

Later he exposes himself a little by asking Stanley about the shoes which Stanley "stole" which has Stanley confused as to how he knows about them and that he talks. "'Did the shoes have red X's on the back?' Zero asked. It took Stanley a moment, but then he realized zero was asking about Clyde Livingston's shoes. 'Yes they did,' he said. He wondered how Zero knew that. Brand Z was a popular brand of sneakers. Maybe Clyde Livingston made a commercial for them. Zero started at him for the moment, with the same intensity with which he had been staring at the letter." Zero reveals more about him that he is hiding, he obviously isn't living up to his name. He is showing there's a lot more in his mind rather in the beginning when he wouldn't talk to anyone not even to Stanley. But Zero has to be hiding something that associates with Stanley's shoe situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment