Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Connection

Hello guys, this is more of of a more serious post or blog, but in the book "Yes: My Improbable Journey to the Main Event of Wrestlemania" by Daniel Bryan, he talks about in the epilogue of his father and how after he was married, his father passed away. Not too long after I read that a lady from my church named Hermana Dominga had passed. I never really got to do all the things I wanted to do with her just like Bryan. Bryan's dad didn't get to see the wedding because of his dad's wife had pneumonia which oddly was the same symptom Dominga had. But Bryan had found about it by, "Bri and I were leisurely preparing to go to Raw, when I got a phone call. My dad had died, completely unexpected, at the age of fifty-seven. I went from an unequivocal high to an unequivocal low." And I had felt so lowered down like a chunk of my heart was taken away, I never really go to talk to her because she spoke Spanish and I didn't know any, but I always thought that I would one day have a conversation with her and that I had all the time in world. I didn't. And I won't. "I hugged him, trying to say good-bye, but nothing felt good enough." I never really got to say anything to Dominga in her casket because I just felt ashamed, I felt ashamed because I didn't do want I wanted to do, she was like a third grandma or a first because I never known my grandmas. I feel I can connect to what Bryan was feeling because of his death and sadly both of us won't see them ever again.

Thank you for everything, Hermana Dominga
1932-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment